Welcome to Pinnacle — Wood Pellet Producer
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group, a private company founded by the Swaan family of Quesnel, has been in operation for over twenty years and is the longest established pellet producer in Western Canada. Located in the heart of the lumber industry in central B.C., Canada, Pinnacle has access to an excellent and abundant source of raw materials. Pinnacle produces a variety of products carrying our name, including softwood pellet fuel, animal bedding and natural sorbent. We also produce custom products for companies in their packaging. A large portion of our production is for the bulk domestic and overseas market.
Today, the company operates six pellet plants across BC with a production capacity well over 1 million tons annually (including 100% of our partner plant in Houston BC).
All Pinnacle plants operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are located in an arc centered on Prince George, with Burns Lake and Houston on the western arm and Meadowbank, Quesnel, Williams Lake and Armstrong going south through the Cariboo.
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group shares a vision of supporting the communities of British Columbia impacted by the Mountain Pine Beetle epidemic and is proud to take an environmentally responsible, proactive step towards creating meaningful employment in a manner that will integrate with the needs of the sawmills upon which these communities depend.
Accreditations and Associations
- Wood Pellet Association of Canada founding member.
- Certified Green Gold Label Supplier (Control Union Certifications).
- Work Safe BC Certified.
- Participant of community airshed quality improvement forum.
- Meet the requirements of the Drax Power Limited Sustainability Criteria.
- Collaborative partner at the UBS Biomass & Bioenergy Research Group.
- Members of the BC Forest Safety Council.
- Meet the net energy at net carbon requirements of the supply of wood pellets to Europe.
- Over 90% of fibre used in the wood pellet production is sourced from sustainable forest as certified by FSC, SFI or CSA.