Welcome to Pinnacle — Wood Pellet Producer
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group, a private company founded by the Swaan family of Quesnel, has been in operation for over twenty years and is the longest established pellet producer in Western Canada. Located in the heart of the lumber industry in central B.C., Canada, Pinnacle has access to an excellent and abundant source of raw materials. Pinnacle produces a variety of products carrying our name, including softwood pellet fuel, animal bedding and natural sorbent. We also produce custom products for companies in their packaging. A large portion of our production is for the bulk domestic and overseas market.
Today, the company operates six pellet plants across BC with a production capacity well over 1 million tons annually (including 100% of our partner plant in Houston BC).
All Pinnacle plants operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are located in an arc centered on Prince George, with Burns Lake and Houston on the western arm and Meadowbank, Quesnel, Williams Lake and Armstrong going south through the Cariboo.
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group shares a vision of supporting the communities of British Columbia impacted by the Mountain Pine Beetle epidemic and is proud to take an environmentally responsible, proactive step towards creating meaningful employment in a manner that will integrate with the needs of the sawmills upon which these communities depend.
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group Inc., Technical Assessment Report, Lavington, BC, Final Report (PDF)
Accreditations and Associations
- Winner of the 2013 BC Exporter of the Year.
- Winner of the Premiers Award for Job Creation, 2013.
- PEFC Chain of Custody Certified.
- Certified Essent Green Gold Biomass Supplier (Skal International).
- Wood Pellet Association of Canada founding member.
- Work Safe BC Certified.
- Participant of community airshed quality improvement forum.
- Collaborative partner at the UBS Biomass & Bioenergy Research Group.
- Members of the BC Forest Safety Council.
- Meet the net energy at net carbon requirements of the supply of wood pellets to Europe.